[elrepo] Centos 7.6 nvidia issue

Jonathan Billings jsbillin at umich.edu
Thu Feb 14 15:42:52 EST 2019

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 2:50 PM Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
wrote:

> Jonathan, thanks for the prompt response!
>
> Couple of questions:
> 1. in the yumsh script, is the nvidia-x11-drv-390xx-32-bit supposed to be
> on a line by itself, or as part of the line above?

it should be part of the line above, sorry if it wrapped.

> 2. I still don't understand why we're installing the nvidia 390xx
> packages...
> elrepo has 410.xx packages that (according to nvidia-detect) are the
> correct
> ones for my GTX 750 Ti.

I know that what I used my yum shell script on was for systems that had to
be downgraded to the 390.xx drivers.  I can't say either way about support
of video cards I can't test.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin at umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support