[elrepo] Get sources of elrepo kernels

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Tue Feb 26 11:25:14 EST 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 13:20, Alexander Bazhenov
<bazhenoff.alexander at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new in this mailing list.
>
> The question is: where to get actual elrepo-kernel sources?
>
> We need to make a custom kernel patch for our project. We can take it from kerenel.org then replace initrd image. It's no problem. But we have some troubles to load modules (for example: autofs4).
> The best way is to look in kernel sources of lt and/or ml. As I see gitlab sources is outdated...
>
> Any idea? Thanks for the help in advance.
>

> Regards,
> Alexander Bazhenov

The latest release announcements for kernel-lt and kernel-ml (RHEL7) are here --

http://lists.elrepo.org/pipermail/elrepo/2019-February/004686.html
http://lists.elrepo.org/pipermail/elrepo/2019-February/004687.html

They are for the following package sets --

kernel-lt-4.4.176-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
kernel-ml-4.20.12-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64

You would need to download the respective nosrc.rpm packages from any
of our mirror sites. For example --

http://mirrors.coreix.net/elrepo/kernel/el7/SRPMS/kernel-lt-4.4.176-1.el7.elrepo.nosrc.rpm
http://mirrors.coreix.net/elrepo/kernel/el7/SRPMS/kernel-ml-4.20.12-1.el7.elrepo.nosrc.rpm

Once installed into your local
rpmbuild/{BUILD,BUILDROOT,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}/ directory
structure, you would then need to download the respective tarballs
from kernel.org --

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.4.176.tar.xz
https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.20.12.tar.xz

Once the source tarballs have been placed in your local
rpmbuild/SOURCES/ directory, you will then have an identical clone of
the files from which the two package sets were created.

Alan.