[elrepo] i2c-i801: integration of CoffeeLake support

Björn Gerhart gerhart at posteo.de
Tue May 28 01:25:56 EDT 2019

Dear everyone,

I guess the kmod-i2c-i801 package in the latest release 0.0-5 misses support for the Intel CoffeeLake chipsets. The sources therefore are backported from kernel 4.4.36.
After installing the elrepo ml-kernel release 5.x, support is included already - so in general support therefore is included in the Linux kernel already.

For example, H310 and Q370 are part of the CoffeeLake series. I have mainboards with these and can test against.

Is there anyone with the same need for supporting the CoffeeLake i2c controller in the el7 kernel?
However, I would try to backport and then make a pull request on github to apply the changes.

Best - Björn