[elrepo] Question about DUD

dxiri at xirihosting.com dxiri at xirihosting.com
Wed Oct 14 18:28:51 EDT 2020

Hi everyone!

I followed the instructions on [1] to install Centos 8 on and old server and use the dd-isci drivers [2]. This allowed the installed to detect the disks and everything went really smooth after that! thank you!

However, it's not clear to me how to manage this going forward. What happens when there is a kernel update? Will I lose this customization? is there a way to update this package with a newer one should a newer one get released? I don't have elrepo installed on this system or anything, just used the DUD iso during installation.

Thanks!
Diego

[1] https://elrepoproject.blogspot.com/2019/08/rhel-80-and-support-for-removed-adapters.html
[2] https://elrepo.org/linux/dud/el8/x86_64/dd-isci-1.2.0-3.el8_2.elrepo.iso