[elrepo] Request to add RTL8187 driver to CentOS 7 repo

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sun Jun 19 18:52:07 EDT 2022

On June 20, 2022 1:08:43 AM GMT+03:00, Jivan Pal <jivan.pal at gmail.com> wrote:
># modprobe rtl8187
>modprobe: FATAL: Module rtl8187 not found.
>
>My kernel version is 4.19.0+1, from package
>kernel.x86_64:4.19.19-7.0.14.1.xcpng8.2.

That kernel indicates that you are using ( the latest ) XCP-ng so you'd need to persuade the Xen guys handling XCP-ng to update their kernel .

As an alternate method, you could grab the kernel devel packages from.XCP-ng and the sources for the 8187 driver from realtek and attempt an out of tree compilation of the kernel module. Or much better, grab the src.rpm of the ElRepo kmod and try to adapt it (if needed) and build your own kmod rpm

wolfy