[elrepo] Current status of kernel-ml and kernel-lt

contact at elrepo.org contact at elrepo.org
Tue Jun 13 17:45:19 EDT 2023

ELRepo Kernel Users:

We felt that some technical comments following Alan’s death were in
order and would answer many questions users might have.

Both kernel-ml and kernel-lt updates will continue to be provided by
ELRepo for el7, el8 and el9 following policies that have been in place
for many years. Future kernel builds will be carried out by Akemi
(toracat) and Steve (whn), both of whom have been doing kernel builds
for some time.

As has been past practice, we will attempt to accommodate future request
for kernel enhancements through changes in the kernel configuration. We
will refer users with kernel patches to kernel.org for incorporation
into future kernels. Please continue to file kernel
requests-for-enhancement through the ELRepo bug tracker at
https://elrepo.org/bugs/.

Also, please excuse our initial mistakes, and there have already been a
couple needing fixes. Although neither kernel builders are new to kernel
building, tracking the latest kernel.org kernel is a little trickier
than their normal activities.

The ELRepo Team