[elrepo] RHEL 9.2 bpftool replaces elrepo's?

Joseph Christopher Sible jcsible at cert.org
Thu May 11 12:49:37 EDT 2023

I just noticed that when I upgraded to RHEL 9.2, its bpftool version is now 7.0.0 instead of being the same as the kernel version, so it now gets installed instead of the one from the ELRepo kernel repository, even when using an ELRepo kernel. Is this supposed to have happened? If so, should we drop bpftool from the ELRepo kernel repository? If not, then should something be changed to make ours install instead of theirs, and should I use dnf priorities or excludes to make that happen on my systems in the meantime?

Thanks,

Joseph C. Sible