[elrepo] [CentOS] NTFS and elrepo

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Mon Nov 2 10:30:41 EST 2009

2009/11/2 Akemi Yagi <toracat at elrepo.org>:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:
>> 2009/11/2 Akemi Yagi <toracat at elrepo.org>:
>
>>> Yes, I did test it as noted in my earlier response and I was not able
>>> to write to the NTFS partition.
>>
>> Yes, I noticed that. I was wondering if you could test the write
>> functionality within the limits as defined in the second paragraph of
>> my second quote from the kernel Kconfig file.
>
> Ah, sorry, I totally missed that section. I will test it as soon as I
> get a chance.  But judging from what is said, that "write" function is
> almost useless.

Agreed.

I assume that is how it always was with NTFS_RW configured in the
CentOS-Plus kernel?

Perhaps I should add the following to the kmod-ntfs description in the
ELRepo wiki --

"This module is configured for partial, but safe, write support.

The only operation permitted is the overwriting of existing files,
without changing the file length.
No file or directory creation, deletion or renaming is possible."

Any comments, please?

Alan.