[elrepo] kmod-rt2860sta success

James Szinger jszinger at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 00:30:17 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Phil Perry <phil at elrepo.org> wrote:
> Phil Perry wrote:
>> James Szinger wrote:
>>
>>> Finally, Ralink has version 2.2.0.0 available from
>>> <http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2>
>>> I don't see anything I need in the release notes, but someone might want it.
>>>

>> I'll update the source when I rebuild it to include the
>> /etc/Wireless/RT2860STA/RT2860STA.dat
>>

> Package updated to version 2.2.0.0-1 and also now includes
> /etc/Wireless/RT2860STA/RT2860STA.dat.
>
> Jim - any chance you could test just to make sure everything is working
> as expected. The updated package should appear in the main repo in
> around an hour once the metadata gets refreshed.

Phil,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry, but no joy.  I ran a yum upgrade and rebooted with no
configuration changes.  The interface seemedto come up, but the
packets were being dropped.  ifconfig, iwconfig, iwlist and route all
looked normal; wpa_supplicant reported a successful connection; the
router showed the MAC address as logged in; and I counld ping the
local (static) IP address.  The system didn't repond to a ping and
couldn't ping out.  I poked around in the logs and didn't see any
error messages.  I then downgraded to 2.1.2.0 and it worked again
after a reboot.

As far a documentation goes, I'm a fan of RTFM, so I'd vote for
including it.  If there's an associated userland library (Nvidia) then
that's a good place for it.  Otherwise, I'd like to see it in the kmod
RPM, but a seperate doc RPM would also be useful.

Jim

P.S. I'm also a happy user of ElRepo's kmod-alsa, kmod-ieee1394, and
kmod-nvidia.