[elrepo] kmod-rt2860sta success

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Tue Nov 24 09:54:25 EST 2009

James Szinger wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Phil Perry <phil at elrepo.org> wrote:
>> Phil Perry wrote:

>>> I'll update the source when I rebuild it to include the
>>> /etc/Wireless/RT2860STA/RT2860STA.dat
>>>
>> Package updated to version 2.2.0.0-1 and also now includes
>> /etc/Wireless/RT2860STA/RT2860STA.dat.
>>
>> Jim - any chance you could test just to make sure everything is working
>> as expected. The updated package should appear in the main repo in
>> around an hour once the metadata gets refreshed.
>
> Phil,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Sorry, but no joy.  I ran a yum upgrade and rebooted with no
> configuration changes.  The interface seemedto come up, but the
> packets were being dropped.  ifconfig, iwconfig, iwlist and route all
> looked normal; wpa_supplicant reported a successful connection; the
> router showed the MAC address as logged in; and I counld ping the
> local (static) IP address.  The system didn't repond to a ping and
> couldn't ping out.  I poked around in the logs and didn't see any
> error messages.  I then downgraded to 2.1.2.0 and it worked again
> after a reboot.

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the slow reply.

Hmm, that's not good. The inference there is that v2.1.2.0 of the
(upstream) driver works but v2.2.0.0 doesn't (assuming I've not messed
up the build in any way).

Should we revert back to a build based on v2.1.2.0 but with
/etc/Wireless/RT2860STA/RT2860STA.dat included?

Phil