[elrepo] RFP: mISDN and Dahdi ...

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Tue Nov 17 08:08:51 EST 2009

2009/11/17 Akemi Yagi <toracat at elrepo.org>:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Clinton Lee Taylor
> <clintonlee.taylor at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  I was wondering if we could get mISDN and Dahdi kernel drivers in EL Repo?
>>
>>  There are srpm at ...
>> http://packages.asterisk.org/centos/5/current/SRPMS/mISDN-kmod-1.1.7.2-3_centos5.2.6.18_164.6.1.el5.src.rpm
>>  ... and ...
>> http://packages.asterisk.org/centos/5/current/SRPMS/dahdi-linux-kmod-2.2.0.2-1_centos5.2.6.18_164.6.1.el5.src.rpm
>>
>>  But these are not one package for all kernels, but a kmod for each
>> kernel version ...
>>
>>  If we could work on getting these it, it would be great ... Plus I
>> have an extra patch for Dahdi to add some hardware that is not
>> included in this srpm.

> Thanks for writing to us.  Wonder who could look into this task.  Alan?

Yes, assuming Lee could test any packages for us, I would be willing
to see if I can convert them into kernel-independent kABI tracking
kmods.

With regards to the extra patch for Dahdi, would it be more sensible
to offer it upstream, to the package maintainer, to have it
incorporated that way?

And, finally, I declare my ignorance -- I have no knowledge of mlSDN
and Dahdi. A very brief introduction (or pointer to such) would be
appreciated.

Alan.