[elrepo] kmod-usb-serial ...

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Fri Nov 20 11:32:03 EST 2009

2009/11/20 Clinton Lee Taylor <clintonlee.taylor at gmail.com>:

>  I was wonder if there ever was a kmod-usb-serial package?  I seem to
> have one in my elrepo-testing yum cache folder, but I can't seem to
> find it on the net ...

Hmm. Checking back I see that the usb-serial kmod package had a very
ephemeral existence and was deprecated in favour of the option kmod
package.

>  The reason I ask, is that I have come across a usb serial device,
> Winchiphead CH341, which would be nice to have and I was going to
> download the srpm and see if I could hack it in and recompile ...

Perhaps you would like to take a look at the
option-kmod-0.7.1-3.el5.elrepo.src.rpm package that is available from
the http://elrepo.org/linux/elrepo/el5/SRPMS/ directory? See how you
get on -- we may be able to give advice if you hit a problem.

Sorry that I am unable to assist further atm.

Alan.