[elrepo] D-Link DWA-140 on CentOS 5 disappearing

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Sun Jun 27 13:26:45 EDT 2010

On 27 June 2010 14:39, Kostis Pangalos <kostis.pub at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fingerprint is as follows irrespective of how I get the adapter
> attached. (After cold boot or warm boot or already plugged in when PC
> is first turned on)
>
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 07d1:3c0a D-Link System DWA-140 RangeBooster N USB Adapter(rev.B2)

See if you can find any references to the device (by its fingerprint)
out in Google-search land . . .

What puzzles me is that you did have it initially working with the
ELRepo provided firmware and device driver. To my mind, that proves
all three items (the DWA-140, the firmware and the driver) are
working.

I still have a feeling that this could be related to the comms v
storage device issue and wonder if the usb_modeswitch package will
help?

Alan.