[elrepo] older rpm for atl1e?

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Fri Apr 22 06:29:16 EDT 2011

On 22 April 2011 04:51, Michael Vaganek <mvaganek at comcast.net> wrote:
> Are any older versions of the atl1e rpm available anywhere?
> Specifically, the current 1.0.9-2... vesion does not install on
> Centos 5.5, it gives an error:
> "module-init-tools = 3.3-0.pre3.1.60.el5 conflicts with
> kmod-atl1e-1.0.1.9-2.el5.elrepo.i686"
>
> Now, probably doing some kind of upgrade to Centos might be in
> order, but there is a basic chicken and egg issue here.  The reason
> I need the atl1e driver is to connect to network.  Without
> connectivity, this may turn into an endless cascading series of
> manual updates.
>
> Is there some cache or archive of kmod rpms?  I bet the previous
> version (1.0.0-11..something?) might work.

Hi Michael,

You've just lost your bet! The issue you are seeing is not due to the
atl1e kmod but due to a (Red Hat) error with the module-init-tools
package for EL5.5 (RH / CentOS / SL).

All you will need to do is take a copy of the bug-fixed
module-init-tools from the same ELRepo repository from which you
obtained the atl1e kmod package and then install them both at the same
time.

Alan.