[elrepo] kmod-aacraid request

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Fri Apr 22 06:33:49 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using the brand new Adaptec RAID 6805 controller with Centos 5.6. Unfortunately the default aacraid driver in the centos kernel doesn't support the 6805 controller. Currently I manually compiled the aacraid driver using the source supplied by Adaptec http://download.adaptec.com/raid/aac/linux/aacraid-linux-src-1.1.7-28000.tgz and rpmbuild

But after each kernel update the driver has to be recompiled and added to the initrd-xxx image also when I use the dkms driver.

Could a kmod-aacraid package be added to the elrepo?  I have no experience with building a kmod package. But I would be happy to test it.

Best Regards,

Maurits van de Lande

| Van de Lande BV. | Lissenveld 1 | 4941VK | Raamsdonksveer | the Netherlands |T +31 (0) 162 516000 | F +31 (0) 162 521417 | www.vdl-fittings.com<http://www.vdl-fittings.com> |