[elrepo] kmod-aacraid request

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Fri Apr 22 07:18:09 EDT 2011

On 22 April 2011 11:33, Maurits van de Lande
<M.vandeLande at vdl-fittings.com> wrote:

> I’m using the brand new Adaptec RAID 6805 controller with Centos 5.6.
> Unfortunately the default aacraid driver in the centos kernel doesn’t
> support the 6805 controller. Currently I manually compiled the aacraid
> driver using the source supplied by Adaptec
> http://download.adaptec.com/raid/aac/linux/aacraid-linux-src-1.1.7-28000.tgz
> and rpmbuild

> Could a kmod-aacraid package be added to the elrepo?  I have no experience
> with building a kmod package. But I would be happy to test it.

Hello Maurits,

I have taken a quick look at the contents of the above tarball and
see, from the 'readme.txt' file enclosed, that the source code is made
available under GPLv2. As that is the foremost criterion satisfied, I
can see no problem in making a kmod package for EL5.

As soon as I have something ready for testing, I'll let you know.

Regards,
Alan.