[elrepo] Kernel-ml Packages for EL6

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Fri Aug 5 13:24:43 EDT 2011

On 4 August 2011 20:59, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:

> Now another request for your input, please. What should I do with the
> kernel-ml-firmware package? If you cannot immediately see the
> significance of my question, consider what I had to do with the
> kernel-headers for EL5. No doubt our friendly RPM packaging guru, Dag
> Wieers, will make a few comments but I would like all of you so
> interested to discuss it here, please. If I do not join in the
> discussion, or otherwise respond, please be aware that I will still be
> following the proceedings with interest. My ultimate choice will be as
> a result of your deliberations.

My latest status update.

All is well in the kernel-ml spec file up to and including the one
line following the call of the "clean" macro. What remains to be done?
The requisite "post", "preun" and "files" sections.

Any views on the kernel-ml-firmware package, as mentioned yesterday?
Or do you all intend to give me "free rein" and then criticise what I
ultimately provide? :)

Alan.