[elrepo] kmod-video4linux for el6

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Sun Aug 7 07:37:34 EDT 2011

On 06/08/11 17:20, Phil Perry wrote:
> On 04/08/11 12:50, Dusan Bruncko wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like ask on kmod-video4linux for el6. Such rpm exists?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>                       Dusan
>
> Hi Dusan,
>
> We don't currently have a kmod-video4linux for el6, but if you'd like to
> file an request (RFE) at http://elrepo.org/bugs against el6 then I'm
> sure we can get a package together.
>
> Is there any particular device you are interested that isn't currently
> supported in 6.1?
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil

It's been a while since I looked at the upstream sources on linuxtv.org,
and it would appear that the backports tree is no longer supported so
I'm afraid it's highly unlikely there will be any more updates to
kmod-video4linux. The last tree was dated ~ July 2010 and that doesn't
build on el5. I see little point trying to build an old deprecated tree
on el6 which probably already has newer drivers.

So your best bet for unsupported hardware is to file an RFE upstream
with Red Hat but I doubt backporting media drivers will be high on their
list of priorities.

Phil