[elrepo] LAN driver install w/o network?

James Bowery jabowery at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 19:54:58 EDT 2011

I know that the usual trick to install a LAN driver and all dependencies is
probably to yum install it from elrepo by putting in an old PCI ethernet
card, a known wireless USB adapter, a USB-ethernet adapter, etc., but I'm
stuck with a system where it will be difficult to do any of those.

Is this kind of catch-22 so unusual that there is know well known procedure
for, say, downloading the entire el6 repo on a local system, burning it to
dvd(s) and loading it so yum has a local copy to work from?

PS:  My driver is kmod-atl1e-1.0.1.14-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm and yes I did
thumb-drive it over and attempted a straight rpm -- no go due to
dependencies.