[elrepo] a kernel-ml /proc/acpi bug on i5-2410M laptop

pikeman pikeman at pikeman.sytes.net
Wed Dec 14 00:50:11 EST 2011

i5-2410M laptop, SL 6.1 x64, with both kernel-ml
2.6.39-4.1.el6.elrepo.x86_64  and stock kernel 2.6.32-131.21.1.el6.x86_64

I forgot to report 2 things, one is a bug

1) my bluetooth worked with kernel-ml, with SL 6.1 kernel, I didn't have a
bluetooth icon in gnome, with kernel-ml I have bluetooth icon in gnome ,
nice!

2) kernel-ml lost one functionality compared to stock SL 6.1 kernel, which
is ACPI thermal sensor
I am not taking about lm_sensors or kmod-coretemp, I am talking about pure
ACPI thermal sensor

SL 6.1 stock kernel: I have:
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZS0
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZS1
/proc/acpi/processor and some other directorys

kernel-ml
under /proc/acpi
the whole /proc/acpi/thermal_zone is missing
also /proc/acpi/processor is missing
I am left with /proc/acpi/ac_adapter, battery, button, event, wakeup only

perhaps it could be fixed in later releases.. I can get the same
functionality with lm_sensor coretemp now, but the stock ACPI one is nice to
have for other people.
thank you