[elrepo] Bug in kernel-ml.2.6.37 package?

Akemi Yagi toracat at elrepo.org
Thu Feb 3 16:53:11 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I ran into a issue yesterday, which might be a bug in the
> kernel-ml.2.6.37 package, so I though I would post it here instead of
> just ignorering it.
 (snip)
> Has anyone else tried to install the 2.6.37 kernel-ml package on a
> stock install of CentOS 5.5 (with all updates), with no previous
> kernel-ml packages and/or kmod-modules installed?

Hi Kenni

I have a vmware guest VM running stock CentOS 5.5 with _no_ kmods
installed, so used this for testing.

I yum installed kernel-ml-2.6.37-0.1.el5.elrepo.x86_64. It booted
fine. The original install was default, which means /boot is on
/dev/sda1 and / is on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 .

At this moment I have no real iron that I can use for this kind of
testing, but I can try with a KVM guest ( which is your "specialty"
:-D ).

Akemi