[elrepo] Kernel-ml Packages for EL6

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Sun Jul 3 19:33:55 EDT 2011

On 2 July 2011 10:24, Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> A few murmurs have reached my ears that there is an interest in the
> ELRepo Project providing kernel-ml packages configured and built for
> EL6. I am prepared to take on that task but before starting it, I
> would like to have some sort of idea how well the proposed new
> packages will be received.
>
> My request to you, therefore, is to ask for an RFE to be created in
> the EL6 channel of our bug tracker [1] and for each person who is
> interested, to indicate so in that RFE. It would also be very helpful
> if wished-for additions to the kernel configuration file are also
> logged in that RFE..
>
> I will end this message by quoting the ELRepo Project's slogan: "For
> the community, by the community." So it's now over to you.
>
> Regards,
> Alan.
>
> [1] http://elrepo.org/bugs/main_page.php

Steve Clark (of NetWolves [1]) has now opened an REF at the bug
tracker [2]. On behalf of Dag (Wieers) and Nux, I have waved my
wizard's wand so that they are now linked to that RFE in a monitoring
capacity.

If there is anyone else reading this message who is interested, please
add your comment(s) to the RFE [2].

In particular, I would be interested to know whether the default RHEL
6 configuration should be enhanced (as has been done with the
kernel-ml packages for EL5) or should be kept "as is".

This is your chance to have an influence at the planned stage.

Regards,
Alan.

[1] http://www.netwolves.com/
[2] http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=153