[elrepo] Kernel-ml Packages for EL6

nux at li.nux.ro nux at li.nux.ro
Sat Jul 2 11:15:30 EDT 2011

Alan Bartlett writes:

> Hi List,
>
> A few murmurs have reached my ears that there is an interest in the
> ELRepo Project providing kernel-ml packages configured and built for
> EL6. I am prepared to take on that task but before starting it, I
> would like to have some sort of idea how well the proposed new
> packages will be received.
>
> My request to you, therefore, is to ask for an RFE to be created in
> the EL6 channel of our bug tracker [1] and for each person who is
> interested, to indicate so in that RFE. It would also be very helpful
> if wished-for additions to the kernel configuration file are also
> logged in that RFE..
>
> I will end this message by quoting the ELRepo Project's slogan: "For
> the community, by the community." So it's now over to you.

And I'll start with a big "Thank you"!
Having kernel-ml for EL6 could be very interesting (think xen dom0 or
"wonder patch"), though the audience might not be very big. Might not be
worth it, depends on how fast EL6 kernel will catch up with stuff (as in
receive backports).
I'm not very familiar with bug trackers and RFEs (first time i hear of it);
wouldn't it make more sense for you to create and announce it and then let
the world comment (or not)?

--
Nux!
www.nux.ro