[elrepo] Unified recognition package

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue May 24 18:33:02 EDT 2011

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs> wrote:
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> I was looking "Device ID" page, and was wondering if it's possible to
>> have intelligent script/program that could scan the system, get all id's
>> , scan DeviceID table and find all applicable kmod's. Then to check rpm
>> database and compare installed drivers with available. Is something like
>> that already started or is there any intention to do so?
>>
>> Ljubomir
>
> It will be useful to have something like that, yes. No, we do not have
> anything at this moment. If you can contribute, that would be really
> appreciated.
>
> Akemi

I wish I could say yes, I'll do it, but I am currently overworked as it
is. I own small WISP and work as consultant for Wireless Networks, and
for example today I was troubleshooting for 4h, and then in the field
about 8h. I took on to learn python (beside pascal, bash, VB) and it
took me 10 days to reach page 15.

If nobody can do it, I will eventually develop it, but waiting for me is
going to be like waiting for Godo.

Ljubomir