[elrepo] Unified recognition package

Joe Pruett joey at q7.com
Tue May 24 18:47:24 EDT 2011

take a look at dell's system for firmware updates.  it has a little
helper program that spits out names of hardware in a format that can be
passed to yum to track down packages.  i haven't looked at it closely
enough to know if it is using 'provides' tags in the rpms to do this, or
what.  but it is pretty simple to use and accomplishes something very
similar to what you're looking for.