[elrepo] How long does kernel release stay in the downloads area?

Akemi Yagi toracat at elrepo.org
Thu Oct 4 13:30:28 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
> On 10/03/2012 05:57 PM, Antonio Dupont wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm making a build that I will install over and over again and it needs to
> be verified by a 3rd party.
>
> One of the verification steps is to confirm the location that a piece of
> software was downloaded from.
>
> How long will a kernel release from El Repo stay in the download area
> (http://elrepo.org/linux/kernel/el6/i386/RPMS/
>
> kernel-ml-3.5.4-1.el6.elrepo.i686.rpm)?
>

> It looks like an update replace a previous version and the previous version
> removed.  Is there any place the previous versions are retained?
>
> Thanks very much for your help in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> I too would like to see an archive of the kernel-ml kernels.

It will help if we know in what situation older versions of kernel-ml
are desired/needed. As you are all aware, kernel-ml is offered for
testing purposes only. Running it in production may cause security
issues unless it is kept up-to-date.

Technically, we may be able to keep a few versions in the archival
area if requested.

Akemi