[elrepo] Centos6.4 -- had to uninstall kmod-nvidia

Johan Vermeulen jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Thu Feb 28 05:14:12 EST 2013

Dear All,

I just reported this on the Centos mailing list, maybe it's useful to
also share it here:

My laptop is an older MSI, it has a video card:

*-display UNCLAIMED
           product: C51 [GeForce Go 6100]
           vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
           physical id: 5
           bus info: pci at 0000:00:05.0
           version: a2
           width: 64 bits
           clock: 66MHz
           capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list
           configuration: latency=0

I had kmod-nvidia.i686 installed in order to be able to use an external
monitor.

I had to uninstall it before I was able to boot into the gui.

greetings, J.

--
Johan Vermeulen
IT-medewerker