[elrepo] Intel VGA Controller

Antonio Dupont antonio at moosefactory.com
Tue Jan 15 16:32:16 EST 2013

Hello Earl,

It sounds like you have a PowerVR GMA3650 GPU from Imagination
Technolgies.  I have had many problems with this GPU in distribution
kernels and had to upgrade (using EL Repo made it easy).

Try appending video=LVDS-1:d to the kernel line in your grub.conf file.

After that you should get a graphic boot screen and use the fbdev or vesa
driver.  I had no luck with the Intel driver and this GPU.

Regards,

Antonio