[elrepo] Intel video on CentOS 6.4

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Wed Oct 2 15:11:51 EDT 2013

How do I know that the correct video driver is loaded?

The reason for my question is the following lines in mythfrontend log:

CoreContext mythrender_opengl.cpp:66 (Create) - OpenGL: Could not determine whether Sync to VBlank is enabled.
CoreContext mythrender_opengl.cpp:142 (IsRecommendedRenderer) - OpenGL: OpenGL is using software rendering.

And VAAPI or OpenGL-based video playback ends up with a black screen.
Not sure if it's a mythtv misconfiguration, or something is wrong with
the video driver... I suspect the latter, but I'm out of ideas how I
could dig this further.

Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=EeYGyWuh

# vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 0.33.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 0.33 (libva 1.1.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver - 1.0.17
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Baseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Baseline           : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD

--
Best regards,
 Andrey