[elrepo] Intel video on CentOS 6.4: got the 'GPU hung' error :-(

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Tue Oct 8 09:08:17 EDT 2013

Ok, I need to update: the problem Matt was referring to has finally hit me.

My spouse just called me and said she cannot start a video. She
restarted the frontend, but video playback was still not working.

I logged in, and saw the following message in the system log:

Oct  8 16:40:32 vertex kernel: [drm:i915_hangcheck_hung] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU hung
Oct  8 16:40:32 vertex kernel: [drm] capturing error event; look for more information in /debug/dri/0/i915_error_state
Oct  8 16:40:38 vertex kernel: [drm:i915_hangcheck_hung] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU hung
Oct  8 16:40:56 vertex kernel: [drm:i915_hangcheck_hung] *ERROR* Hangcheck timer elapsed... GPU hung

After a reboot, everything works fine again.

So, the problem is there. Is there anything I can do about it?
Ok, going back to NVidia is also an option, of course... :)

P.S. It was running fine for several days!

--
Best regards,
 Andrey