[elrepo] Intel video on CentOS 6.4 - elrepo libdrm/libva/mesa vs updates

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Wed Oct 9 03:21:38 EDT 2013

On 07.10.2013 20:55, Matt Garman wrote:
> (I originally replied to Andrey off-list, but after thinking about it
> some
> more, believe it's relevant to the elrepo list in general.)
>
> One of the biggest differences between my install (vaapi not working)
> and
> Andrey's (vaapi working) is the source of some key packages,
> particularly
> libdrm, libva, and mesa.  (See below for his package list versus
> mine.)
>
> In short, I'm using the libdrm and mesa packages from CentOS's
> "updates"
> repository, which are newer than that of elrepo.  I know this wasn't
> originally the case, as when I first started messing with all this,
> elrepo
> was way ahead of the upstream release.  But at some point it seems
> upstream
> leap-frogged elrepo.

Hi Matt,

Just chipping in with a (potentially useless) tip. I do use libva every
now and then in Totem/Gstreamer with the stock CentOS packages, how I do
it is by using a package backported from RPMFusion a while ago.
It may be old, but it works, at least in my attempts:
http://www.nux.ro/archive/2012/06/Hardware_accelerated_video_playback_on_EL6__RHEL__Centos__SL__and_Intel_SandyBridge.html

--

Nux!
www.nux.ro