[elrepo] Nvidia drivers vs EL 7.3 vs Folding At Home

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Sat Dec 17 06:08:44 EST 2016

On 17/12/16 01:22, Fred Smith wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I stupidly updated my Centos box to Centos 7.3, having forgotten that
> the Folding At Home client is effectively broken with the 375.20
> nvidia drivers.
>
> As has been posted on this emial list, the older versions of the
> nvidia bits aren't compatible with the kernel in EL7.3.
>
> So, is there a way I can go back to an earlier driver? Can you do a
> build of the previous driver against 7.3?
>
> if not, would it work if I installed the blob that Nvidia offers
> for that older driver?
>
> thanks for any help you can give!
>
> Fred

Hi Fred,

Is this a known issue that is going to be fixed (by nvidia)? I've just
released updated 375.26 drivers that fix a number of bugs - maybe they
fix the issue?

The last 367.57 release was rebuilt against the RHEL7.3 kernel - the
package you want in kmod-nvidia-367.57-2

(note the -2)

So try the following:

yum erase kmod-nvidia nvidia-x11-drv
yum install kmod-nvidia-367.57-2.el7.elrepo.x86_64

and then reboot to your EL7.3 kernel

Hope that helps,

Phil