[elrepo] Possible addition of more kernel modules in future Centos6 kernels?

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Sat Jun 3 13:14:41 EDT 2017

On 3 June 2017 at 17:24, David Ranch <elrepo at trinnet.net> wrote:

> Hello Akemi,
>
> In your original request you said "Centos6 kernels". Did you actually mean
> EL7?
>

> No... I'm still using EL6 on one machine but it's getting long in the tooth
> so I'm now trying to roll out EL7.  I suppose I can compile my own kernel to
> add AX25 support but it would be so much nicer if I could just use an Elrepo
> kernel to get the required kernel modules.  :-)
>
> --David

The subject line of this m/l thread, as begun on Wed May 3 11:40:22
EDT 2017 [1], is: "Possible addition of more kernel modules in future
Centos6 kernels?"

Exactly what was I supposed to make of that request as: (1) the ELRepo
Project is not the CentOS Project, (2) the ELRepo Project's
kernel-{lt|ml} package sets for RHEL6 (and clones) already contain the
requested modules?

To Akemi's question "Did you actually mean EL7?" you have answered "No".

Alan.

[1] http://lists.elrepo.org/pipermail/elrepo/2017-May/003564.html