[elrepo] 4.14 LTS

David Ranch elrepo at trinnet.net
Wed Feb 14 11:54:41 EST 2018

This is an interesting point.

I'd argue that in many respects, the ElRepo group is one of the primary
reasons I've stayed on with Centos as it gives me newer kernels than
what Redhat/Centos will.  Packages is an entirely different discussion
and I digress.  Understanding all that, the 4.4.x kernels are already
quite old.  I don't have a good understanding of all the work that goes
on behind the scenes for the ElRepo team to release new LT and ML
packages but would it be possible to add more LT kernels?  Maybe not all
three of them but maybe 4.4 (for the conservative people), 4.14 (for the
people who need a long life yet want a mostly modern kernel, and then
the ML line for the bleeding edge users?  I know this becomes more and
more additive over the years but maybe a little more can be done to keep
Centos up to date?

--David