[elrepo] Updated 8818AU driver, please

Nick Howitt nick at howitts.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 04:35:20 EST 2018

Hi,

I have a little USB 802.11ac dongle that I'm trying to get going in my
server. lsusb gives:

    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:a811 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    RTL8811AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN Adapter

I've had a look at the current kmod driver which is version
8188eu-kmod-4.1.4_6773.20130222-3 and it does not cover the USB ID.
Looking at the spec file in the src rpm it points me to
https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu but there is no useful update there.

There appear to be a few sources for this driver such as
https://github.com/abperiasamy/rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux and
https://github.com/diederikdehaas/rtl8812AU which both cover the USB ID.
Are you able to work your magic on one of these or any other relevant
version you can find?

Many thanks,

Nick