[elrepo] Updated 8818AU driver, please

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Mon Mar 5 15:16:56 EST 2018

On 05/03/18 09:35, Nick Howitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little USB 802.11ac dongle that I'm trying to get going in my
> server. lsusb gives:
>
>     Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:a811 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
>     RTL8811AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN Adapter
>

> I've had a look at the current kmod driver which is version
> 8188eu-kmod-4.1.4_6773.20130222-3 and it does not cover the USB ID.
> Looking at the spec file in the src rpm it points me to
> https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu but there is no useful update there.
>
> There appear to be a few sources for this driver such as
> https://github.com/abperiasamy/rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux and
> https://github.com/diederikdehaas/rtl8812AU which both cover the USB ID.
> Are you able to work your magic on one of these or any other relevant
> version you can find?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Nick

Sure, I can take a look but it probably won't be before the weekend.

Do either of those driver sources compile / work for you? The first one
looks more maintained so I'd probably start with that. I couldn't find
any linux driver/source on the Realtek website for your device, only for
Windows. I wonder where these (above) driver sources originated?

Phil