[elrepo] Updated 8818AU driver, please

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Mar 6 06:15:55 EST 2018

On 03/06/2018 01:10 PM, Nick Howitt wrote:
> I'm giving up. I've found references to v4.3.8 compiling OK. I found
> those at
> https://github.com/ulli-kroll/rtl8821au/tree/original/v4.3.8/vanilla
> and they compile with a couple of warnings. I can modprobe the
> resulting .ko but it is never used or associated with the NIC so ifcfg
> files never get created and so on.
>
> I'm just looking out for a cheap adaptor to play with to try out n and
> ac 5GHz configurations on the server. I'll start hunting again. I
> thought I had it sorted, but it is hard to get the PCI/USB ID's in
> advance of buying the adaptor.

that's one of those cases when it's worth having a laptop running linux
( just for the ease of use of lspci but windows works as well after you
click a lot in the right places ) and going to a physical shop and test
the object. at least to collect the IDs prior to purchase.

wolfy "when I wanted a TV to display the output of an Odroid on, I took
the Odroid in my backpack and tested that the HDMI really worked. THEN
did I order the TV set online"