[elrepo] USB wireless adapter not working (4.15)

Nick Howitt nick at howitts.co.uk
Sat Mar 17 10:34:29 EDT 2018

No. The whole point of the link is to use the wext driver instead of the
default nl80211 so use -Dwext. Also they have bypassed the
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file and coded the SSID and
password directly, so try:

    wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -c <(wpa_passphrase "ESSID" "PASSWORD") -i
    wlp36s0f3u3

or, perhaps:

    wpa_supplicant -i wlp36s0f3u3 -Dwext -c
    /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B

Note I've never done any of this before myself but I've been researching
it a bit recently for other reasons

Nick