[elrepo] Announcement: EL7 Updated kmod-nvidia package for RHEL7.6

Rejean Lepage lepage at grm.polymtl.ca
Wed Nov 7 15:42:09 EST 2018

Ok thank you Trevor for the info.

How can we install a specefic version 340.107-1.el7_5.elrepothen ?
I list it but can't install it.

% yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=elrepo  --showduplicates list  `nvidia-detect`
Available Packages
kmod-nvidia-340xx.x86_64      340.107-1.el7_5.elrepo  elrepo
kmod-nvidia-340xx.x86_64      340.107-2.el7_6.elrepo  elrepo

% yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=elrepo --showduplicates install
340.107-1.el7_5.elrepo
No package 340.107-1.el7_5.elrepo available.
Error: Nothing to do

Updating the repo so it is accessible by sub version would be a way to fix
this... like SL does.
7.4
7.5
7x

The way it is now I have to disable elrepo so it does not brake my systems.
When yum as an error - yum-cron stop all updates, including security updates.

Rejean.

--
Réjean Lepage, M.Sc.
Analyste GR2M/VLSI, génie Électrique.