[elrepo] CentOS 8 and cciss

Phil Perry phil at elrepo.org
Tue Oct 1 11:58:34 EDT 2019

On 01/10/2019 10:55, Mike wrote:
> will there be a cciss package created for CentOS 8?  How long does that
> process usually take?  Thank you

Hi Mike,

Not at present. If you require the driver, please could you open an RFE
at www.elrepo.org/bugs so we may track it. We try to turn these things
around in a matter of days, if not hours (depending on complexity).

AFAIK the cciss driver was deprecated some time ago and is no longer
supported, and is no longer present in the linux kernel. If the old
driver code still builds against RHEL8 then we can package it, but no
guarantees it will keep working going forward so I would be looking
towards other solutions.

Does the newer hpsa driver work with your devices? What is the device ID
of your device?

Regards,

Phil