[elrepo] CentOS 8 and cciss

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Tue Oct 1 12:22:44 EDT 2019

On 01/10/2019 17:58, Phil Perry wrote:
> On 01/10/2019 10:55, Mike wrote:
>> will there be a cciss package created for CentOS 8?  How long does
>> that process usually take?  Thank you
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Not at present. If you require the driver, please could you open an RFE
> at www.elrepo.org/bugs so we may track it. We try to turn these things
> around in a matter of days, if not hours (depending on complexity).
>
> AFAIK the cciss driver was deprecated some time ago and is no longer
> supported, and is no longer present in the linux kernel. If the old
> driver code still builds against RHEL8 then we can package it, but no
> guarantees it will keep working going forward so I would be looking
> towards other solutions.
>
> Does the newer hpsa driver work with your devices? What is the device ID
> of your device?
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil

That's something I had to use for a old HP node (donated for CentOS
Project) when I wanted to remotely reinstall it with CentOS 7 : using
the "hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1" kernel parameter to be able to find the
controller.
FWIW, here it is :

02:08.0 RAID bus controller: Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array E200i
(SAS Controller)
02:08.0 0104: 103c:3238

--
Fabian Arrotin