[elrepo] Intel DG41RQ Motherboard & RTL 8168 (kmod-r8168-xen)

Akemi Yagi toracat at elrepo.org
Wed Sep 9 15:44:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Sanjay Arora<sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com> wrote:

>>By the way, if you are planning to install Windows XP as a guest (as
>>you indicated in the original post), I would suggest VirtualBox or
>>VMware.

> Also, is Xen inferior for hosting a Windows Guest?

Xen is more limited as a host for Windows in that it requires the
hardware virtualization support.  You need to check to see if your
motherboard / chipset has the Intel-VT support.

In addition, xen is designed for servers.  A desktop OP such as
Windows XP is usually not common as a xen guest unless you plan to
access it through RDP.

Akemi