[elrepo] Announcement: Updated EL7 wl-kmod srpm [6.30.223.271-4]

Steve Tindall s10dal at elrepo.org
Sun Sep 17 12:01:23 EDT 2017

Announcing the release of an updated wl-kmod SRPM compatible with
EL 7.4 into the EL7 elrepo repository:

   wl-kmod-6_30_223_271-4.el7.elrepo.nosrc.rpm

This release is built for compatibility with the Broadcom closed-source
IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Linux drivers version 6.30.223.271 available at:

   http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11

This SRPM can be used to build kmod-wl binaries to support various
Broadcom wireless hardware using instructions found at:

http://elrepo.org/tiki/wl-kmod

We (ELRepo) cannot create and redistribute binary RPMS for these
drivers due to the Broadcom licensing restrictions (i.e., liability
issues). However, we do make available these no-source SRPMS
(.nosrc.rpm) which contain the framework required to build the
binaries, but lack the proprietary code and are not subject to
Broadcom's licensing restrictions.

Thank you,

The ELRepo Team