[elrepo] How to get a debug package for kernel-ml?

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Sat Sep 30 20:45:19 EDT 2017

On 10/01/2017 03:27 AM, SviMik wrote:
> Hi, Akemi!
>
> Thank you for your answer. Sure I can use 4.9 series too.
>
> I would be really thankful if you suggest how to install it.
> When I try `rpm -ivh kernel-4.9.48-29.el6.x86_64.rpm` it says:
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         kernel-firmware >= 4.9.48-29.el6 is needed by
> kernel-4.9.48-29.el6.x86_64
> but kernel-firmware package with this version is nowhere to be found...
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/virt/x86_64/xen/

A better approach would be to do
         yum install centos-release-xen
         yum install kernel-4.9.48-29.el6.x86_64
( and maybe disable the just added virt repository after that ).
Unfortunately it seems that the debuginfo package must still come from
https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=19747, I do not see the
debug packages from the xen stack being published anywhere.