[elrepo] https://elrepo.org/tiki/wl-kmod

David Ranch elrepo at trinnet.net
Thu Feb 8 23:28:25 EST 2018

Hello JD,

Overall, Centos is an advanced server OS and I don't think many people
here would state it's goals are to easy to use or support the most
bleeding edge hardware.  If your friend is new to Linux and this will be
their first touch with Linux, I would say that Centos is *not* a good
choice.  It's default package list is intentionally using older, proven
stable versions of code, intended for providing services.  It's not a
desktop distro and most of the Linux software out there that offers
pre-built packages to NOT offer them in RHEL/Centos RPMs.  The exception
here is for some business software.

There are a ton of other Linux distros out there spanning different
interests be it new users, using old hardware, A/V uses, HAM Radio,
etc.  Fedora is a good one, is more desktop friendly, etc. as long as
your ok with not having a distro that won't last more than 18 months
until the next version is out.

--David